Planted August 2010
November 2, 2021
This web site’s motto is: “Among individuals, as among nations, respect for the rights of others is peace.” It is a statement by Benito Juárez inscribed as a Motto on the State Flag of Oaxaca, of which he was Governor from 1847 to 1853. “Entre los Individuos, como entre Las Naciones, El respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz”. Variant translation: Among individuals as among nations, when there is respect, there is peace. Benito Juárez is the great grandfather of one of our classmates Rose Mary Clark Juárez. There is a Statue of Benito Juárez in Washington, District of Columbia, United States located at the intersection of Virginia Avenue and New Hampshire Avenue. The statue is a part of the city’s Statues of the Liberators collection and is a tribute to former president of Mexico 1858–1861 , Benito Juárez.
- “Peace is not merely a distant goal … but a means by which we arrive at that goal.” MLK
- “An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.” Mahatma Gandhi
- “When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.” Jimi Hendrix
- “Dear God, Please send to me the spirit of Your peace. Then send, dear Lord, the spirit of peace from me to all the world. Amen.” Marianne Williamson
- “If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.” Mother Teresa